Hi, I'm Megan Kaczanowski, a cybersecurity professional in New York City. Currently, I work as the Threat Intelligence Lead for the Americas at S&P Global and study Computer Science in NYU Tandon's Master's program. I've previously worked as a Teaching Assistant for the NYU Bridge to Computer Science Program and as a Threat Intelligence Analyst.
In my free time, I enjoy rock climbing, hiking, yoga, and scuba diving (basically anything outdoors).
I'm also passionate about increasing the representation of underrepresented minorities in cybersecurity and in support of that goal, I serve as the President of WiCyS New York Metro.
Education and Certifications
- Current Computer Science Master's student at NYU Tandon
- Completed the NYU Bridge Program to Computer Science with Distinction (Discrete Math, Intro to C++, Intro to Networking, Data Structures and Algorithms)
- BA in Economics and Political Science from the University of Michigan
- Associate of ISC^2: CISSP exam
- GIAC: Penetration Tester (GPEN)
- Treadstone 71: Cyber Intelligence Tradecraft Professional
- Splunk: Core Certified User and Core Certified Power User
- AWS: SysOps Associate, Developer Associate, Solutions Architect Associate, Security Specialty
- World Economic Forum Cybersecurity Learning Hub
- S&P Global Ratings, U.S. Public Finance Issuers Must be Nimble to Fend Off Cyberattacks or They Could Face Credit Fallout
- Free Code Camp News, Top Contributing Author 2019 and 2020
- Hacker Noon
- The Start Up (Medium Publication)
- The Ascent (Medium Publication)
I occasionally enjoy speaking at conferences and events. Past events I've spoken at:
- CircleCityCon (2020)
- Financial Services Information Sharing and Analysis Center (FS-ISAC) Fall Summit (2019)
- National Defense Information Sharing and Analysis Center (ND-ISAC) Fall Summit (2020)
- Women in Cybersecurity National Conference (2019, 2020)
- Cofense Submerge (2019, 2020), named Trailblazer of the Year in 2019
- OWASP NYC (2019, Panel Moderator, Event Host)
If you're in New York and would like to grab coffee (in a post coronavirus-vaccine world), please reach out!